"The inscribed jar-handles which have been found ... could not receive adequate attention in the field while the work was going on, & should now come before students at their homes, especially if they have access to other handles of like character. I offer a few remarks on the subject, & hope that others will contribute what they know ..."--Theodore F. Wright, 1901
Click here to preview the technical highlights & index/concordance in PDF format! (filesize=300kb)
Volume 1 book contents:
- Abbreviations & Acronyms ... & Atmosphere
- Chapter 0: Scholars Start Here
- Chapter 1: Everybody Else Starts Here
Chapter 2: ABCs--Artifacts with Biblical Contexts
- School Days
- Head West Young Man--The Doctor is In!
- Collecting Collectibles
- BAR None
- Let There Be Questions
- A Mystery Belonging to the King
Chapter 3: Icons
Chapter 4: Inscriptions
- Stelae--Ancient Billboards
- Bible Texts
- Bible Places
- Biblical Seals
Chapter 5: Icons + Inscriptions = Seal Types
- P.S.: Paleography Summary
- An Analysis of "LMLK"
- Strong's 4427
- Strong's 4428
- Strong's 4429
- Strong's 4430
- Strong's 4431
- Strong's 4432
- An Analysis of "HBRN"
- An Analysis of "SUKE"
- An Analysis of "Z(Y)F"
- The "MMST" Dartboard
Chapter 6: Clay + Seals = Jars
- Seal Type Descriptor Position #1
- Seal Type Descriptor Position #2
- Seal Type Descriptor Position #3
- Seal Type Descriptor Position #4
- Comparing APLs to APLs
- "x" Means "Cannot Classify"!!!
- Homework Assignment
- The Ties that Bind
- The Family Jewels
- Sequence of Events
- Statistics Galore!
- Could you be a little more vague please?!!
Chapter 7: The History of the Mystery
- Type 484 Jar Details
- The Key to Chem-Is-Try, Try, & Try Again
- Content (Theorie)s Under Pressure
- Type 484 Handle Details
- Orientation Descriptor
- Stamp Location Descriptor
- Ware Type Descriptors
- LMLK Companion Marks
- Personal Seals (a.k.a. Private Seals & Official Seals)
- Circle Marks (a.k.a. Concentric Circles)
- Hole Marks
- I.V. ("Ivy") Inscriptions
- Drag Marks
- Plus Marks
Chapter 8: Bibliography--The Warren Era (1870-1899)
Chapter 9: Bibliography--The Bliss/Macalister Era (1899-1925)
Chapter 10: Bibliography--The Albright/Diringer Era (1925-1960)
Chapter 11: Bibliography--The Lapp/Aharoni Era (1960-1975)
Chapter 12: Bibliography--The Ussishkin Era (1976-1994)
Chapter 13: Bibliography--The Barkay/Vaughn Era (1995-?)
Chapter 14: Bibliographical Leftovers
Chapter 15: Divided We Stand
- The Warren Era (1870-1899)
- The Bliss/Macalister Era (1899-1925)
- The Albright/Diringer Era (1925-1960)
- The Lapp/Aharoni Era (1960-1975)
- The Ussishkin Era (1976-1994)
- The Barkay/Vaughn Era (1995-?)
- The Dating Game
- The Name of the Game
- 2-Winged Flap
- 4-Winged Flap
- The Fine Print
Chapter 16: Idle Speculation
- My Favority Watering Hole
- Sum of the Division
Chapter 17: Roll Call
Chapter 18: (This Is Not) The End
MAP of Subjects (filesize=300kb)
- Chronology Clue #1--Pithoi vs. Type 484
- Chronology Clue #2--Quantity Pairs
- Chronology Clue #3--Personal Stamps
- Chronology Clue #4--Circle Marks
- Chronology Clue #5--Matres Lectionis
- Chronology Clue #6--Dot Separators
- Chronology Clue #7--The x2x Icons
- Dive In the Debate!
- An Analysis of People
- An Analysis of Places
- An Analysis of Votives
- "I See" Said the Blind Man!
- 9 Wrongs Don't Make a Right
- Right Makes Might
- Get the LED Out!!!
- All the Trimmings!
- Authority = The Right to Author
- On Your Feet, or On Your Knees
- Cherubs vs. Scarabs
- Pagans Are So Full of It!
- The Wings of Faith
- Back to the Book
- The First Worship Reformation
- The Terminator Angel
- Circular Reasoning
- Woe Is Me!
- Two Too Many Choices: Vineyards vs. Votives
- Figure 1: Line 18 of the Mesha Stela
- Figure 2: Map of Principle Judean LMLK Sites
- Figure 3: The LMLK 2-Winged Icon
- Figure 4: The 2-Winged Bird Misinterpretation
- Figure 5: The 2-Winged Scroll Interpretation Options
- Figure 6: The 2-Winged Disk Detail Interpretations
- Figure 7: Persian 2-Winged Ahura-Mazda
- Figure 8: 2-Winged Ball from Tyre
- Figure 9: King Hezekiah's Downward 2-Winged Personal Seal
- Figure 10: King Hezekiah's Upward 2-Winged Personal Seal
- Figure 11: The LMLK 4-Winged Icon
- Figure 12: Comparison of x4C & x4L Icons
- Figure 13: Paleo-Hebrew Lamed vs. English "L"
- Figure 14: Paleo-Hebrew Mem vs. English "M"
- Figure 15: Paleo-Hebrew Kaf vs. English "K"
- Figure 16: Paleo-Hebrew Het vs. English "H"
- Figure 17: Paleo-Hebrew Bet vs. English "B"
- Figure 18: Paleo-Hebrew Resh vs. English "R"
- Figure 19: Paleo-Hebrew Nun vs. English "N"
- Figure 20: Paleo-Hebrew Shin vs. English "S"
- Figure 21: Paleo-Hebrew Tau vs. English "T"
- Figure 22: Paleo-Hebrew Vau vs. English "U"
- Figure 23: Paleo-Hebrew Hey vs. English "E"
- Figure 24: Paleo-Hebrew Zayin vs. English "Z"
- Figure 25: Paleo-Hebrew Yod vs. English "Y"
- Figure 26: Paleo-Hebrew Fay vs. English "F"
- Figure 27: The HBRN LMLK Inscriptions
- Figure 28: The SUKE LMLK Inscriptions
- Figure 29: The Z(Y)F LMLK Inscriptions
- Figure 30: The MMST LMLK Inscriptions
- Figure 31: The MMST Dartboard
- Figure 32: Comparison of x4C & x4L Inscriptions
- Figure 33: The x4C Seals
- Figure 34: The x4L Seals
- Figure 35: The x2U Seals
- Figure 36: The x2D Seals
- Figure 37: The x2T Seals
- Figure 38: The S2DR Seal (compared to the S2U & S2DW)
- Figure 39: The 1:1 LMLK Seal Template
- Figure 40: LMLK Ligatures
- Figure 41: Hypothetical Grinding Sequence
- Figure 42: Seal Set Production Chart
- Figure 43: The 3 Known LMLK Jar Types
- Figure 44: Type 484 Loop Measurement Points
- Figure 45: Type 484 Handle Cross-Section Measurements
- Figure 46: LMLK Orientation Clock
- Figure 47: LMLK Orientation Examples
- Figure 48: Stamp Orientation Breakdown Chart
- Figure 49: Loop Location of Stamp
- Figure 50: Ware Type Cross-Sections
- Figure 51: Ware Breakdown Chart
- Figure 52: Personal Stamps on LMLK Handles
- Figure 53: Circle Marks
- Figure 54: Hole Mark
- Figure 55: Drag Marks
- Figure 56: I.V. Inscription
- Figure 57: Plus Marks
- Figure 58: The 4-Winged Dinosaur
- Figure 59: The First 2 LMLK Handles Published
- Figure 60: Clermont-Ganneau's 1874 Handles
- Figure 61: The First LMLK Handle Photos--"FIG. 43"
- Figure 62: Gibeon Personal Stamps Chart
- Figure 63: Gibeon Pithoi Chart
- Figure 64: Gibeon x4C Chart
- Figure 65: Gibeon x4L Chart
- Figure 66: Gibeon x2U Chart
- Figure 67: Gibeon x2D Chart
- Figure 68: Gibeon x2T Chart
- Figure 69: Gibeon Circles Chart
- Figure 70: Imaginary Zones/Districts
- Figure 71: HBRN Zone Map
- Figure 72: MMST Zone Map
- Figure 73: SUKE Zone Map
- Figure 74: ZYF Zone Map
- Figure 75: The Redondo Beach Paleo-Hebrew 10 Commandments Stela
- Figure 76: Your Basic Griffin/Cherub
- Figure 77: Scarab with Concentric Circles
- Figure 78: Sennacherib's Garment Circles
- Figure 79: LMLK Corpus Trend
- Table 1: List of LMLK Sites
- Table 2: The LMLK Lameds
- Table 3: The LMLK Mems
- Table 4: The LMLK Kafs
- Table 5: The LMLK Hets
- Table 6: The LMLK Bets
- Table 7: The LMLK Reshes
- Table 8: The LMLK Nuns
- Table 9: The LMLK Shins
- Table 10: The LMLK Taus
- Table 11: The LMLK Vaus
- Table 12: The LMLK Heys
- Table 13: The LMLK Zayins
- Table 14: The LMLK Yods
- Table 15: The LMLK Fays
- Table 16: Joshua 15:60--Septuagint vs. Masoretic
- Table 17: Seal Typologies Cross-Reference List
- Table 18: Stamp Discovery Sequence
- Table 19: Inscription Statistics
- Table 20: Icon Statistics
- Table 21: Seal Set Statistics
- Table 22: Restored Type 484 Jar Statistics
- Table 23: Stamp Orientation Statistics
- Table 24: Ware Statistics (Segregated)
- Table 25: Ware Statistics (Congregated)
- Table 26: Mark Statistics
- Table 27: Publications I Haven't Got Yet or Got Too Late
- Table 28: Publications For Those Who Can't Get Enough
- Table 29: Handles Stratified by the 8th-Century Assyrian Attack
- Table 30: Handles Stratified by the 7th-Century Babylonian Attack
- Table 31: Gibeon Pool Handles
- Table 32: LMLK Inscriptions Around Jerusalem
- Table 33: LMLK Votive Varieties
- Table 34: Indentured LMLK Census (March 6, 2004)
Buy now at $149 each!
CD-ROM & 1:1 template included!
(21 in stock; limited edition--please, only 1 copy per person; orders for more than 1 will be refunded)
Click here for Volume 1 CD-ROM details!
Click here for Volume 2 book details!
Return to the series overview.
This page was created on August 22, 2003, & last updated on February 28, 2011;